Sunday 4 September 2016

Love is the most misunderstood word. Now you may think why? I knew the meaning of love ever since I can remember (my first crush in school or first romantic movie I watched in which they showed so called Ideal Love)
But often in the hustle of finding the True love of our life we forget the real meaning of love. Love is not something you can have for someone you desire to enter into a relationship, it is indeed deeper than that. Love is of various kinds and we usually focus on one kind of love i.e EROS: the love we have for someone we want to get intimate with. But what about the people we see everyday? their gestures? We are so engrossed on our first crush, first relationship , first rebound that we almost forget that love is a word that has no bounds it is limitless just like the sky. We overlook the people who genuinely loves us and most importantly they love us for being us and not somebody else.
Our parents are the greatest examples of Love. They love us from the very moment we born to the day we made our first huge mistakes and then to the long strings of events of mistakes either new or repeated. They unconditionally love us giving us infinite chances for improvement. Love for food , yes you heard me right I am talking about food! I love food and you know why ? It is that one thing I can make according to my taste and it never fails to make me feel better . The word  Love is not being romantic but it is being rational. If you truly love someone you just don't overlook their flaws but you make their flaws their strength and with everyday passing you make them better version of themselves. And that is why it is important for us to love ourselves before we love someone else because until you don't love yourself enough you cannot actually fall in love , even if you think you are in love you are not!
So take a while and look around yourself and acknowledge the love you get and let them know you feel blessed even if it is not your crush showing you love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A note to an Older Self

Hey There! As this year is coming to an end I have so much that I am grateful and thankful for. This year has taught me so many lessons th...